Our Terms & Conditions
Aylesford Cross Country Course
Before using the course, please read carefully the conditions set out here
Date, complete your name, address, contact telephone number and submit the form to indicate that you have read and understand these conditions.
A form for each rider should be submitted
When riders are under 14 years old a responsible adult should give his/her name and understand that they are responsible for the correct use of the course by the rider.
Aylesford Cross Country Course
Terms & Conditions of Use
In submitting this form, I/We acknowledge that the use of this cross country course has certain risks and I/We accept that P F Walker and anybody associated with P F Walker shall not be liable for any injury, loss or damage which may occur.
P F Walker do not insure yourselves, your horse or your tack / equipment and you are advised to make your own insurance arrangements.
A body protector and medical armbands are strongly recommended for the Cross Country Course and all weather arenas and are compulsory for Pony Club members.
All riders age 14 years and under using the course, must be accompanied by a parent or guardian 18 years and over. A mobile phone should be carried in case of emergency.
- Riders between 6 – 8 years of age are only permitted to use the MINI CROSS COUTRY AREA (roped area) No children under the age of 8 years of age are permitted to use the MAIN cross country course (unless participating in a designated Pony Club organised activity).
- Before using the cross country course or all weather arenas all riders must familiarise themselves with the course and only jump jumps for which the horse/pony and rider are capable of, taking note of the ground conditions and any hazards or bends.
- Protective riding hats conforming to the current British Standard (or equivalent recognised standard) are to be worn at all times with the chinstrap fastened and suitable heels with defined heels.
- Body protectors and medical armbands are strongly advised and are compulsory for Pony Club members.
- P F Walker reserves the right to close the cross country course or all weather arenas at any time without notice.
- Jumps are marked with red and white flags. The direction of the jump is indicated by jumping with the red flag on the right side of the jump.
- Cross flags in front of the jump indicate that the jump is out of use and must NOT be jumped.
- Please report any defect or damage to any jump whilst using the course or arenas.
- All accidents must be reported to the owners before leaving the course or arenas.
- Any damage to fences or the course must be reported to the owners (you will not be charged).
- The emergency telephone numbers of the owners and grid reference of the course are displayed in the portacabin and riders and their assistants are strongly advised to make a note of this before entering the course or to take a paper slip with these details on.
- All vehicles must be kept to the allocated parking facilities at all times.
- All facilities that are provided must be left clean and tidy at all times.
- All gates must be closed at all times.
- The cross country course is 4 miles long and is marked and must be kept to at all times.
- For safety reasons all lone riders must be accompanied by either another rider or person on foot.
- Please take note of any footpath signs and keep off footpaths, and when approaching farm tracks, please slow and look for any traffic.
- No racing must take place at any time.
- Any spectators must stay clear of jumps at all times.
- Children must be supervised at all times and are not permitted to be on the cross country course alone (mounted or on foot or spectating).
- Please keep dogs on leads at all times.
- Studs are recommended in all conditions.
- Every person entering the cross country course or all weather arenas does so at their own risk, and voluntarily accepts the risk of injury or damage that is implicit in riding a horse or pony on, over or near a cross country course or all weather arena with show jumps and cross country schooling fences.
P F WALKER CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH ANY OF THESE CONDITIONS.